Reporting A Bug
If you come across an error or problem on any page, simply utilize the "Report a Bug" link located at the bottom of each page. This will ensure the page URL is added to the log for easier debugging. Additionally, meta data like device, browser name and version, screen size, etc will be captured too.
What happens after I file a report?
- We review bug reports to find trends and uncover recurring issues within CustomerTrackr. We compile similar reports to gather common factors and scenarios.
- Once we define the scope of the issue, our engineering team designs tests to reproduce the issue.
- After we determine the conditions to reproduce the issue, we work on resolving the issue.
- Before the resolution is implemented into the website, we do a final review to ensure that the resolution fully resolves the issue and does not introduce additional issues.
- If the resolution passes review, the fix is deployed to production.
Should I file a bug report?
Before submitting a technical problem, here are some simple steps you can do first.
- Try logging out, closing your browser and logging back in to refresh your sessions.
- Try opening the app in a new browser window or use your browsers private mode (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari).
- If possible, try the same steps on another device or computer to ensure it is not an isolated incident.
What should I include in my bug report?
- A clear and concise description of the issue.
- Describe what happened and what you expected to happen.
- Steps to reproduce the issue, if available.
- Screenshots of the issue, if relevant.
- Any error messages you received.